PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
- This document sets out the terms (the “Terms”) on which you are permitted to use our website (our “Site”) such as by accessing and browsing our Site. By using our Site, you agree that the Terms apply to any use you make of our Site and that you will comply with the Terms.
- If you do not agree to the Terms, you must not use our Site.
Information about us and contact details
- This Site is owned by James Love Legal Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 6004397. Our registered office and trading address is:
One Sceptre House
Hornbeam Square North
Harrogate HG2 8PB
We can be contacted at the above address, or by telephone or email:
Telephone: +44 (0)845 621 8000 or +44 (0)113 303 0411
- James Love Legal is the trading name for James Love Legal Limited (“us” or “we”).
- We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) whose rules can be accessed at www.rules.sra.org.uk. Our SRA ID number is: 449051.
- Our VAT number is GB 937 5145 08.
Our Site content does not amount to advice
- The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It does not amount to advice on which you can rely.
- If you wish to take advice from us, please contact us with a request to become a client of ours. Before we accept any client or any work, we will complete an assessment process which may include, for example, checks on credit worthiness, conflicts and identity, a review of whether the work is of the nature we wish to handle, and establishing whether we have the resources and knowledge for the work in question. You must not take, or refrain from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site or on anything we say or communicate to you unless you have been formally accepted as a client and we have expressly agreed to provide the advice sought. Any work we do for you will be subject to our Standard Terms of Engagement which we will send to you on request. We only advise businesses; we do not advise consumers.
- We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Access to our Site
- Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis only. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to keep it updated.
Intellectual property rights
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, including, but not limited to, copyright.
- We are the owner of Community Trade Mark number 8263543 for JAMES LOVE.
- Other than to find out information about us and the services we offer, you must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Limitation of our liability
- Any limitations of liability set out in this document shall not apply to liability for death, personal injury or where the law or applicable professional rules dictate that liability cannot be limited.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any damages, costs or losses, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
- We shall not be liable for any consequential, special, indirect or exemplary damages, costs or losses, or any damages, costs or losses attributable to lost profits or opportunities.
- We will not be liable for any damages, costs or losses caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on our Site, or on any website linked to our Site. We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for ensuring you are utilising adequate anti-virus and security software.
Linking and acceptable use
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage, or take advantage of, our reputation.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Site from any website that is not owned by you.
- Our Site must not be framed on any other website. You may not create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website from which you are linking must not contain any Objectionable Material or include links to other websites which contain any Objectionable Material.
- You may not use our Site or the contact details used on our Site to send, upload or download any Objectionable Material.
Objectionable Material includes any of the following:
- material contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or contrary to applicable advertising codes;
material connected with any of the following:
- the commission of crime;
- illegal guns and weapons;
- pornographic, immoral or obscene material;
- discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, racial group, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, age or disability;
- violence towards any person or animal;
- physical or mental abuse including self-abuse; or
- the abuse of alcohol, tobacco, drugs and other substances;
- is defamatory or malicious to individuals or businesses;
- is offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- infringes any copyright, database right, trade mark, patent or other intellectual property right of any person;
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- invades another’s privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- gives the impression that it originates from us, if this is not the case;
- contains, or enables or promotes the transmission or dissemination of, any:
- unsolicited advertising (spam); or
- viruses or harmful computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- Our use of analytical cookies only extends to using standard commonly available third party analytics services such as Google Analytics. We do not use the information we gather from analytics software to identify individually any visitors to our Site, but merely to collate an anonymous analysis of the use of our Site. We may share this information with analytics and search engine providers to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Examples of how we may use information gathered through cookies include:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our Site.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
- The following sets out our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our Site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If we do any work for you, our Standard Terms of Engagement (which we will send to you on request) will also apply to the basis on which we hold information about you.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is James Love Legal Limited of One Sceptre House, Hornbeam Square North, Harrogate HG2 8PB United Kingdom. We will deal with information in accordance with our legal obligations under relevant data protection legislation.
Information we may collect about you
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by communicating with us by telephone, e-mail, at meetings or otherwise.
- Information we obtain from other sources. We may obtain information about you from publically accessible sources (whether free or paid for) such as your website, directories, company information services or credit reference agencies.
Our use of information about you
- We may use information we hold about you for the following purposes:
- establishing your identity;
- performing checks for credit worthiness;
- keeping in touch with you including after any work for you has concluded;
- legal and regulatory compliance;
- practice management;
- protection from fraud;
- any purpose connected with carrying out work for you including collecting money owed to us by you.
- We may from time to time send you information that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive that information, please notify us in writing.
Disclosure of your information
- We may share your information with selected third parties for any of the uses listed above, including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- credit reference and debt collection agencies;
- The Law Society, Solicitors Regulation Authority and law enforcement agencies.
- We may also disclose your personal information to a third party if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by that third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Storage and transmission of your personal data
- The information that we hold about you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us electronically such as through our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
English law and jurisdiction
- Our lawyers are qualified only in English law; any advice we give is under English law and subject to our Standard Terms of Engagement which we will send to you on request. We do not advise on any aspect of tax law. We only advise on matters publicised as being within our area of experience.
- These Terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.